It’s Friday and time to share a few good moments from the last week with Susanne from Living to Tell the Story. It’s always good to look back and reflect on the week. Even when the week hasn’t seemed that great, there are always at least 5 good things to focus on.
1. An awesome review on one of my shampoo bars. This made me happy as I really wanted this shampoo to work well for this person and I was so glad it did. It also lead to a few orders that has actually allowed me to pay down a bit of debt, which will allow me to use the credit card to start university. Yes, yes, I know, debt, but at least it is for something that I want that should, eventually, get us ahead.
2. One university that was on the ball, and one that wasn’t. It help make my choice easier. Both offer classes from home, but one was on a very part time basis and I got passed around the department all over the place before I could get answers. There other university was very on the ball. I was able to speak with an advisor as soon as I called and the financial aide office was just as quick to answer my questions. I’ll be able to pay for one class on credit to start in July and then I will take a full course load starting in September. I am very happy with the courses that they offer and I should be able to complete my degree in about 2 1/2 years (maybe less, once I see how much I can handle).
3. A Daily Prompt that had me listening to my favourite singers. It was a lot of fun, though sometimes emotional, to watch some music videos on youtube. I guess this one is especially fitting for this point in my life. I grew up thinking I was going to be a professional student and that I’d never have kids of my own, but that certainly isn’t what happened. I figured I’d have a couple degrees by now, not be starting over again, but it’s never too late.
4. Sunshine. The heat might be slowly draining me, but the sunshine is so nice. It is especially nice this morning. I’m going to finish up my coffee and head on outside and try to get a tent up for the kids. It is a huge tent though, so I’ll need as the luck I can get. At least it is sunny and not too hot (yet).
5. Colouring pages for adults. Ha, I’m putting this here just because I hope that I will enjoy it. I’ve heard that it is good for mental health, but I’m looking at the picture my daughter choose for me and feel anxious because I don’t have any clue what colours to choose. I do hope that it will be fun. If nothing else, it will give me something to do with my daughter. If I manage to make process on the colouring, I’ll post a picture here next week.