This week was just one of those that was “meh”. Nothing amazing happened, but nothing horrible either. It was just one of those weeks were everything was just okay. School was okay. My health was okay. The house was kept up okay. Just okay, so there’s not a whole lot stands out as a “favourite” for Living to Tell the Story’s Friday’s Fave Five, but I’ll give it a go anyways, starting with a major blessing that I am so relieved that I can post this week.
1. This sweet kitty is still with us. I wanted to post this last Friday, but at the time, I still was not sure that she would make a full recovery. For some reason, this little girl stopped eating and drinking completely over the weekend after Valentine’s Day (we assume she ingested ribbon off a gift Mike brought home to the children), but I caught it quickly and started dropper feeding her water. However, she was not improving and by midweek she was quite weak and completely despondent. Our only real option was to bring her in for exploratory surgery to see if there was an obstruction of some kind, but we did not have money for that so out of desperation I started feeding her raw human breast milk, thank goodness for extended nursing and the ability to produce enough to share! Within 24 hours of round the clock dropper feedings she started to respond to us calling her and by Friday evening she actual came into the kitchen and managed a couple licks of liquid from a tuna can. I continued to feed her breast milk and then introduced tuna pate by syringe and by the beginning of the following week she was fully able to eat and drink her normal diet without assistance. We are so glad that this sweetie decided to stick around with us for a while longer.
2. Sitting in the sunlight. I like to put on a dark shirt and sit in the window and let the sun warm my back. It is quite brutally cold again this week (and there’s another cold week in the forecast) so sitting in the sunlight at least lets me pretend that spring is coming.
3. February is drawing to a close. It is always a really hard month for me and this year wasn’t really an exception. It has felt like the never ending month even though it is the shortest of the year. I’m alright with bidding it adieu for another year.
4. Deciding to purchase an extra unit study to supplement our Further Up and Further In study. I found that the last couple of weeks have been no where near in depth enough for me to consider it our complete curriculum and I noticed that Liam was beginning to be less impressed with how little we were doing as well (the amount of work is perfect for my eight year old for what it is worth). I ended up going with The Chronicles of Narnia Unit Study from LEMILOE Publishing. I’ve been happy with what I’ve seen of it so far and it just gives us a little bit more.
5. Craftsy. I’ve had fun just browsing the classes and signed up for one of their freebie mini classes. I’ve enjoyed the Figure Drawing Atelier thus far and Morgaine and I have been working on our fine art projects together this week. It’s always fun to do something together that we both enjoy.