Welcome to Goal Planning Monday!
If you are new here be sure to check out the guidelines before you join in. We would love to have you! If you are returning, I hope you had a good week. Thank you for stopping in and sharing with us. Be sure to keep sharing with your friends as we all could use some accountability from time to time! I hope to see some new members this week. Keep spreading the word as we could all use some encouragement and support as we go about achieving our goals. If you have a moment get sure to hop over and see what others are doing.
Last week’s goals:
1. Set up the homeschooling area. Partially done. I’ve decided that we are going to remain pretty laid back about things and spend more time exploring outside and just reading than doing actual school. I cannot see us actually using the homeschooling area. I only have a couple box left to unpack
2. Unpack 50% of what is left to organize. DONE! We are pretty close to set up.
3. Meal Plan. DONE! We did good for the week. We will certainly be running short on certain things by the time Mike comes back, though. We’ll have to do more meat and potato type meals.
4. Set up payment for the utilities here. DONE! I’ll be really happy if we never have to run two households again.
5. Convince the kids that learning is good. Well, I shouldn’t have to convince them, so there must be something doing wrong. I worried a fair bit about their education at the beginning of the week, but made note to watch them more during the week and really, when left to their own devices they learn a lot and they ENJOY it. It’s just not what school looks like to me.
6. Blog an update about our week on Fridays. DONE! I’m actually impressed with this as I never do what I say on my blog (and I actually, I think, have a blog post about that coming up!).
7. Work on my Coursera courses. DONE! I actually dropped out of two. I was quite far behind on one that I was really enjoying and I wanted to focus on it and the other two had much tighter deadlines. They were interesting, but I wanted to focus on the other one more. I’m just taking them for pure fun so it doesn’t matter so much which ones I take. I’ll choose a new one when I’ve nearly completed the class I’m done.
This week’s goals:
1. Unpack half of that is left to unpack. I’ll be able to easily get everything done before the next time Mike visits and still have plenty of time to hang out with the kids this way.
2. Limit my time on facebook a little. I’ll certainly still check in everyday (and play the silly new crime scene game I’m playing) but while I’m always connected I likely won’t “chat” on there as much. It is easy when you are carrying a gadget in your pocket all the time to check in too much.
3. Contemplate moving my blog back to self hosted. Since I will be reviewing again I am contemplating moving back to the old blog. I’m not able to track everything as well on this one. I did, however, have issues with the self hosting so I will have to see.
4. Try to keep up with my “house a little bit cleaner in the evening than it was in the morning” plan. Didn’t happen on the weekend so I have to play catch up now.
5. Do something special for the kids for Valentine’s Day. Yeah, I don’t do these holidays normally, but as there is no pressure to buy anything I figure I can make something special for a meal or make cards or something.
6. Comment on everyone’s post who joins up this week.
If you have a moment, check in and let us know about your goals for the week. Actually, I move my blog over already, so I’d love for you to follow this link.