Welcome to Goal Planning Monday!
If you are new here be sure to check out the guidelines before you join in. We would love to have you! If you are returning, I hope you had a good week. Thank you for stopping in and sharing with us. Be sure to keep sharing with your friends as we all could use some accountability from time to time! I hope to see some new members this week. Keep spreading the word as we could all use some encouragement and support as we go about achieving our goals. If you have a moment get sure to hop over and see what others are doing.
Last week’s goals (two weeks ago):
1. Stay sane. DONE! For the most part I did. I went through a negative phase because everyone was so happy that I was moving and I wasn’t. Of course, I was thrilled to be getting a much nicer house, but I really, REALLY didn’t want to leave the town we were living. It had become home and I was terrified to start over. It mostly passed. I did have a couple moments once we arrived where I cursed the new place and isolation, but not that we have some form of internet, I’m better.
2. Move! DONE! I’m even mostly unpacked and everything.
This week’s goals:
1. Set up the homeschooling area.
2. Unpack 50% of what is left to organize. Getting the homeschooling area set up will take care of that for the most part, I think.
3. Meal Plan. I’ve been left with a freezer full of food, but I want to go about feeding us in a way that makes sense.
4. Set up payment for the utilities here. We’ve got them all set up, but I’m still have mail woes and cannot get to my bills. I can see them trying to shut me down if I don’t get the connection fees and what not paid. Ah, the joys of moving!
5. Convince the kids that learning is good. I’m having a hard time with that these days. We haven’t learned a lot this year at all (to the point that I’m glad we’ve changed provinces so I can bring my standards down when I report at the end of the year). It is depressing me, quite frankly. I think I’ll have the motivation here, without the stress of the old house, to set things up that are more interesting for them.
6. Blog an update about our week on Fridays. It would be fun for Daddy to see, maybe. I don’t think he has ever checked my blog, though.
7. Work on my Coursera courses. I’ve completed one and have 3 others on the go. One that I love, but I’m hopelessly behind in. I’d like to catch up on that one this week as the hard deadline is coming up soon.
If you have a moment, check in and let us know about your goals for the week.