Welcome to Goal Planning Monday!
Happy Labour Day! The summer has flown by in many ways (and dragged oh, so slowly in others). There’s a bit of a chill in the evening air. Things are slowly getting back into a routine. Homeschoolers that have taken the summer off are getting back into their more formal schooling and public school kids are heading back to class. Fall activities are starting up. The harvest is ready to start coming in. It’s the perfect time for some goal planning so I hope you’ll join me!
If you are new here be sure to check out the guidelines before you join in. We would love to have you! If you are returning, I hope you had a good week. Thank you for stopping in and sharing with us. Be sure to keep sharing with your friends as we all could use some accountability from time to time! I hope to see some new members this week. Keep spreading the word as we could all use some encouragement and support as we go about achieving our goals. If you have a moment get sure to hop over and see what others are doing.
Well, I didn’t really complete any of my goals this week. I guess some weeks are like that.
1. Get my kitchen under control. Partially Done. There are no more fruit flies (those nasty little buggers) but I wouldn’t call the kitchen cleaned to my standards.
2. Stop researching on the internet. Not done. Spent some time researching colonoscopies and if there was other tests that could be done instead. I have no desire whatsoever to have this test completed. Then I start looking up other syptoms and get carried away. See, that is why I need a research break!
3. Take (at least) a full week break from facebook (again). Not done. At the beginning of the week a dear friend ended up in the hospital and I’ve been following her story ever since (if you are a praying, energy sending, light and love type then my dear friend needs all of the above as she starts a new and unknown journey) and of course that led me to keeping up with others and posting my stuff….a wee addiction.
4. Eat. Yep. A goal. I’ll call it DONE! I still lost weight this week but I didn’t have to force the food as much this week and had a good breakfast every morning. Eating less at meals but making the bites count. I still feel fullish and everything feels really dry going down (some things are…..my cooking has not been the most inspired lately).
5. Finish my Intro to Wellness course. Not done. Lacking in motivation for it. It would only take me about 3o minutes to finish up but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’ve decided not to continue with it right now. I wasn’t as impressed as I’d hoped to be and tuition is increasing a fair amount.
This week’s goals:
1. Embrace the belly. It isn’t going anywhere and has been getting me down and depressed about myself. I’ve been feeling cruddy and some of it may be some depression so I went out and bought some pants to fit and my goal is to get dress, get my hair down (like just up in braids or something) each morning and spend some time soaking up the sun and just being. If I don’t feel it, then I hope I can fake it, because there are wee children (especially, the oldest) that are feeling a tad concerned over Mum’s less than enthusiastic nature and tiredness.
2. Leave the iPod downstairs at night. I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back to sleep. I check in on facebook and play my farming game a bit but then I start reading various websites on medical tests and symptoms and that does nothing for me at all.
3. Have our meals focus on meat, vegetables, and rice. I think we could all use some changes. The more I read about GAPS the more I think we should look into it (another nighttime obsession) but it is so much work but we can do broth and work on cutting out most grains and stuff.
4. Read. A lot. It is soothing and I miss it. I used to do this read a chapter, clean a room, play with the kids/do schoolwork, read a chapter rotation thing and it works well for us. I’m reading a perfect book now with pretty short chapters so it lends itself perfectly to being able to read but getting a lot of chores and stuff done, too *lol*.
5. Follow up with lovely medical professionals if I haven’t heard from anyone by Thursday morning. Not a word from the messages I left early last week but I take it many doctors were taking the last week of summer off (or are totally sick of me). If anything, my friend’s story has taught me to keep going at it until every test is run. Sometimes doctor’s don’t know everything. I doubt I have anything too totally serious but it is best to keep going until answers are found no matter how sick of it you are.
6. Blog. About fun things. A really good idea came to me yesterday and while it would make a great article for Homeschool Horizons, it may end up on my blog instead. I just cannot seem to get myself together to write anything substantial for the magazine. I also want to post pictures from the Medieval Faire. I cannot believe a month has past already.
7. Participate in Think Back Thursday. I so should be able to do this and I have A LOT of pictures of benches for this week’s theme (who would have thought *lol*).
8. Comment on the people that post here.