Welcome to Goal Planning Monday!
Happy Canada Day! (a little late for my Canadian friends but you most likely have the day off today…it’s like a ghost town in my community today). For my American friends, I hope you have a wonderful independence Day with your family on Wednesday. Just because summer is here doesn’t mean we don’t have goals so I hope you’ll continue to join me over the coming couple of months.
If you are new here be sure to check out the guidelines and join in. We would love to have you! If you are returning, I hope you had a good week. Thank you for stopping in and sharing with us. Be sure to keep sharing with your friends as we all could use some accountability from time to time! I hope to see some new members this week. Keep spreading the word as we could all use some encouragement and support as we go about achieving our goals. If you have a moment get sure to hop over and see what others are doing.
Last week’s goals:
1. Do next two units/exams for Vintage Remedies. NOT DONE. I’ve been working on a database for the course and I have no need to rush as I cannot order the next course for at least a month anyways.
2. Write up Liam’s registration for homeschooling for the next year. DONE!
3. Spend less time on facebook. DONE! Mostly because my iPod disappeared midweek, but ah, well.
4. Sleep. Partially Done. I resorted to talking melatonin a few times. I feel more rested but I wish I could get to sleep on my own.
5. Cut down on refined sugars. Partially Done! I’ve been using coconut palm sugar and it doesn’t seem to make me as angry. I did have a little bit of pop on during the week and I had a donut with my family at Tim Horton’s for Canada Day (it’s a family tradition). I didn’t say I was cutting out refined sugar cold turkey so I think I did alright.
6. Drink water. DONE!
7. Look into a bit of a gentle detox, if only with food. Partially done. I drank lemon water throughout the week but I wanted to add some good liver supporting greens.
8. Hopefully get enough done this week so that I can take a “week off” next week and just enjoy the kiddies. NOT DONE. I’ve decided that we don’t need to take a week off because we take so much time off and no one minds keeping on with what we are doing so yep, we’ll just go with the flow.
9. Try that apricot desert that I had in mind. Partially Done. I have apricot puree made. I need to make the base. I just bought the missing ingredients on Saturday and it was too hot to cook in the oven. I will make it today.
This week’s goals:
1. Make a list of house rules and chores and post them in the appropriate rooms. My children seem to be having significant issues in the last two or three weeks with remembering what it means to live in a family. Time for some reminders!
2. Exercise 3 times a week (excluding walking unless it is at a quick pace without children).
3. Take the children for blood work. Based on some previous blood work it looks like Liam may have some malabsorption issues so we’re getting that looked into and just giving all the kids a good look over. I was pleased to finally get a good doctor, ready and willing to look into things for us.
4. Continue to cut down on refined sugar. So that means I need to have less than last week. I hope to have it pretty much completely gone from my diet within a month.
5. Cut down on gluten. Gluten intolerance/celiac disease is one of the things that they are suspecting for Liam and my blood work came back similar in many ways but unlike like I have a crap doctor. I won’t cut it would completely as I am going for a biopsy in September but I want to prove that we can eat gluten free and it won’t kill us. Mike is quite concerned.
6. Send in the children’s registration.
7. Send in Mike’s information for Medicare at the same time.
8. Send a package for a friend while I am at it (can you tell that I HATE going to the post office).
9. Blog three times.
Be sure to stop in and let us know what your plans are for this week! We’re trying our Linky Tools for the first time so be sure to let me know if you have any issues linking up!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…