Welcome to Goal Planning Monday!
If you are new here be sure to check out the guidelines and join in. We would love to have you! If you are returning, I hope you had a good week. Thank you for stopping in and sharing with us. Be sure to keep sharing with your friends as we all could use some accountability from time to time! I hope to see some new members this week. Keep spreading the word as we could all use some encouragement and support as we go about achieving our goals. If you have a moment get sure to hop over and see what others are doing.
Well, I didn’t do so well with my goals this week but still managed to accomplish a whole lot. We’ve been trying for the last three months to get a grant for some major repairs on our home and it is right down to the wire now. We have to get a mortgage on our home (which would help in a million ways) but our house has to have a market value of 75 000. Umm, not sure about that. I think I mentioned somewhere that we paid 20 000 for it, right? Well, it is certainly worth more that that but 75 000, yeah, not sure. Well, we’ve been trying to make it look at good as possible as we cannot to any major repairs….Looks can be deceiving, right. There’s lots of goodness about the place but without the updates (which they initially told us that they’d count when appraising the place), I’m not sure…..so yeah, crafty goals were displaced by house stuff.
Last week’s goals:
1. Finish the icky gross cleaning by cleaning the ickiest thing! DONE! It was icky.
2. Actually WRITE up the children’s end of year reports. NOT DONE.
3. Write one review. DONE
4. Link to a Blogher Book Club discussing, for well, the Blogher Book Club. NOT DONE. I participated in all the discussions, though.
5. Crochet the flowers for Morgaine’s skirt. NOT DONE.
6. Take some pictures of the quilt I started this spring and contemplate finishing it (note: finishing it is NOT a goal this week!) NOT DONE.
7. Try to be more positive. DONE! For the most part, anyways.
8. Comment on everyone who links here this week within 24 hours of them writing. NOT DONE. I don’t feel like very good hostess these days.
9. Get to the Bulk Bark to stock up on some healthy goodness. DONE!
This week’s goals:
1. Finish painting exterior trim.
2. Finish painting interior trim.
3. Add moldings to the entrance and laundry room we tiled on the weekend.
4. Put new door knobs on door.
5. Buy a couple interior plants.
6. Patch hole in bedroom wall (it’s been there since we moved in…..if nothing else, this crazy mortgage thing is making us take care of things we just haven’t got around to doing.
7. Paint above metioned bedroom.
I’d love to get all the house stuff done by Wednesday so that the appraiser can come in soon but Mike works pretty full time so we will see.
A few more personal goals as I want to keep up with my stuff, too:
8. Make (9. and blog about, if it turns out) an apricot coconut desert that sounds good in my head. It’s only in my head and I am using unfamiliar ingredients so I don’t know if it will be quite as good as I am imagining it.
10. Complete the next unit of my Wellness course. Baby has started napping again and that has been eating into my studying time in the evening as he doesn’t go to bed until I’m exhausted and crawl into bed beside him.
11. COMMENT ON EVERY POST THAT LINKS HERE!!!!!! I’m so grateful for you all joining in each week but I haven’t been showing it!